What is your treat for this weekend?
Ours is a hearthy bitterballen... Growing up with my grand mother who happens to be a dutch descendant give me an awkward habbit as a young girl..
Yes.. im very used to have an afternoon tea with tasty bites.. and most of them i can still picture in my mind ..nom nom..
One of my fave is bitterballen..
Most of us might have address it as 'kroket ragut'.. but let me tell you.. its not krokettjes... as it doesnt have potato dough.. instead we are having ragout as their basic ingredients..
Let me give you my recipe (i modify my mom's recipe) :
300 gr multi-purpose flour
150 gr margarine
1 cloves garlic - finely ground
2 cloves shallots - finely chopped
200 ml milk
75 gr shredded cheddar
75 gr minced meat of chicken -boil with 200 ml of water, season with 1 tsp of salt and 2 tbs of sugar
pepper and nutmeg - seasoned well
2 egg - beat well
1 tbs of flour - mix with half cup of water
1 cup panko flour for breaded
How to make :
1. Warm the margarine - sauted garlic and shallots till its fragrant.. add flour - stir well
2. Add milk, minced meat and the broth and cheddar..
3. Seasoned well - add pepper, nutmeg (I add 2 tbs of sugar too ..)
4. when the dough is set, turn off the stove - set aside
5. take 1 tbs - make a ball shape - do all at once
6. Prepare the solvent before you bread the ball
7. Dip the ball and roll it on the breaded flour - set aside
8. Put the breaded ballen into the fridge for at least 30 minutes..
9. Deep fried till its light brown and serve warm with mayo
Hope you like it.. i love having it with a cup of fragrant rose tea :)
Have a lovely afternoon friendtjes..